Pregnant? Want to find out about feeding your baby?
You have all the information you need on this page to help support you with breastfeeding and discover the local support available to help you give your baby the best start in life.
Come along to a helpful session on the 1st or 3rd Wednesday of the month 6.30pm - 8pm in the Maternity Unit, New Cross Hospital
An informative, engaging session to provide information regarding breastfeeding for you and a guest.
To book call the Infant Feeding Team on 01902 307999 Ext. 8389
Please leave your full name, hospital number, your date of birth, post code, contact number, email address & baby’s due date.
Please see the breastfeeding antenatal session flyer in the downloads section on the right hand side of this page.
Whether you have a breastfeeding query or would just like to meet other mothers to share experiences, the groups listed below are relaxed and informal and are open to any pregnant or breastfeeding women. Always a friendly welcome and sometimes a drink on offer too! You might be able to take along older children also – call in advance for details.
You can also ring your Midwife, Health Visitor or Stengthening Families Hub for advice during office hours and a midwife is available on the postnatal ward 24 hours a day.
Bingley Breastfeeding Support Group
- When: Monday 1.15 - 2.45pm (term time only)
- Where: Bingley Strengthening Families Hub, Norfolk Road, Pennfields, Wolverhampton, WV3 0JE
- Contact: 01902 551979
Bump to Boob Support Group
- When: Tuesday 10 - 12noon (term time only)
- Where: Gatis Community Space, Gatis Street, Wolverhampton, WV6 0ES
- Contact: 01902 651155
The Children’s Village Breastfeeding Support Group
- When: Wednesday 10.30 - 12.30pm
- Where: The Children’s Village, Graiseley Lane, Wolverhampton, WV11 1PE
- Contact: 01902 553945
The NCT Breastfeeding Group
- When: Thursday 10.30 - 12.30pm
- Where: Action for Independence, Albert Road, Wolverhampton, WV6 0AF
- Contact: 07398 501323
Low Hill Breastfeeding Support Group
- When: Friday 9.30-11am (term time only)
- Where: Low Hill Strengthening Families Hub, 26-28 Fourth Ave, Low Hill, WV10 9LZ
- Contact: 01902 553285
Find your local source of breastfeeding support via the Do you need breastfeeding support? page of the Royal Wolverhampton Trust’s Infant Feeding Teams’ webpage
- National Breastfeeding Helpline - 0300 100 0212
- Website: http://www.breastfeeding.nhs.uk
The Breastfeeding Network
- Supporterline - 0300 100 0210
- Support in Bengali / Sylheti - 0300 456 2421
- Drugs in Breastmilk Helpline - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk
The Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- Breastfeeding Helpline - 0300 330 5453
- Website: www.abm.me.uk
La Leche League
- Breastfeeding Helpline - 0845 120 2918
- Website: www.laleche.org.uk
The National Childbirth Trust
- Breastfeeding Helpline - 0300 330 0700
- Website: www.nct.org.uk
To view the Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust’s infant feeding web pages, search for “You and your Baby, Wolverhampton” or visit www.royalwolverhampton.nhs.uk
For video clips of mothers talking about their experiences of breastfeeding and how to position and latch your baby visit the websites listed below:
There is a useful Facebook page; Breastfeeding in Wolverhampton - www.facebook.com/breastfeedinginwolverhampton
All midwives, Health Visitors and support staff are trained to provide breastfeeding support. Some pregnant women and new mothers may require specialist breastfeeding support – if so, your midwife or health visitor will make a referral for you.
The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust’s Infant Feeding Team:
To contact the New Cross Infant Feeding Team for information or support call
01902 307999 x 8389
Breastfeeding Peer Supporters
If you have experience of breastfeeding your baby and are interested in volunteering to provide information and support to breastfeeding mothers in Wolverhampton, contact:
- Diana West, Breastfeeding Peer Support Coordinator for The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
- Tele: 01902 307999 x 8389
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: “Wolverhampton’s Breastfeeding Peer Supporters”
Health Visitor Support Workers:
Specialist community support is available with referral from your Midwife/ Health Visitor to Debbie Arrowsmith and Cheryl McDermott, Health Visitor Support Workers.