'Supporting Schools. Enabling Inclusion'
The Wolverhampton Outreach Service offers support to mainstream practitioners to enable them to more confidently meet the needs of children with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND).
Under the coordination of Dr Eve Griffiths, the service is made up of 14 teachers and TLSAs from across five of the City's Special Schools, Broadmeadow, Penn Hall, Penn Fields, Tettenhall Wood and Westcroft.
As working teachers ourselves, we understand the curious challenges of the classroom and so offer support that is grounded in successful classroom practice, whilst being both practical and empathetic. We aim to
empower teachers to believe in their own ability to meet the needs of all children, cascading our own skills and sharing the expertise and experiences of the special school classroom.
We accept referrals from teachers, TLSAs, SENDCOs, Senior Leaders and other professionals for individual children, staff or for whole school issues. Pupils that trigger a referral may:
- Be on SEN Support
- Have an EHCP (Identifying need irrelevant)
- Have a SEND (identifying need irrelevant)
- Are going through an EHC assessment
- Have Emotional or Mental Health needs that impede their curricular access
- Are working academically at a level 2 or more years below AREs
- Have physical needs or issues with need of access arrangements
The support that we offer
- Observation of classroom practices with face to face feedback
- Shared action planning and strategy implementation
- Support for inclusion, access and transition
- Support with differentiation and planning
- Preparation of resources
- Modelling of good practice (including special school visits)
- Moving and handling guidance
- TAC and EHCP support
- Support for parents
- Disability awareness input.
- Access to pathways for SEMH and ASD.
- Support with implementing advice given by other agencies
For more information please refer to the information in the downloads section of this page. Here you will find a service flyer and an outreach referral form.
Please click on the icons/links below - they will take you to the relevant sections of our service:
|Training and CPD|
|Meet the team||
|Autism Leaders Award||
|Equipment Loan Library||
|Disability Awareness Training||
|You can also follow us on Twitter||