Terrific for Twos offers free early learning for eligible two year olds.
When can they start?
Eligible children can start terrific for Twos from the term after they turn 2 years old. The table below shows the dates and terms when children become eligible:
If a child is born between:
They will get their free place:
|1st January and 31st March||Summer term (after Easter - normally April)|
|1st April and 31st August||Autumn term (in September)|
|1st September and 31st December||Spring term (in January)|
How many hours are they allowed?
Terrific for Twos get up to 15 free hours a week, for a maximum of 570 hours. This is broken down into the following terms:
- Autumn term = 13 weeks
- Spring term = 12 weeks
- Summer = 13 weeks.
A child will normally take the hours in one of two ways:
- 12 hours per week for 48 weeks
- 15 hours per week, term time only.
Who is eligible for a place?
To get a place you must have a child who is 2, or will be 2 in the next few months and:
Families in receipt of:
- Working Tax Credit / Child Tax Credit and earn less than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 4-week run on
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
Children with Special Educational Needs:
- Child receives Disability Living Allowance
- Child has a current statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care plan
Looked after or adopted children:
- Child is looked after by a local council
- Child has left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Support through part 6 Immigration and Asylum Act
A parent/carer can check their eligibility online: early-help-support.wolverhampton.gov.uk
Alternatively, they can contact us on 01902 554242.