Zebra Access a Wolverhampton based Deaf-led charity founded in 2005, dedicated to ensuring that all Deaf people enjoy equal participation and access without communication barriers. Our vision is to ensure that Deaf people are given opportunities to live full and enriched lives by giving them access to services, developing independence and building their self esteem/confidence whatever their preferred communication method is.
We aim to act as Deaf role models, enabling Deaf people to have self belief and confidence by opening doors for further education and employment.
Zebra Access offers:
- Drop in Job Clubs three times a week and deliver bespoke training courses for Deaf individuals including one to one support where required.
- English tutorials for Deaf people
- Advocacy drop in sessions three times a week and advocacy support to Deaf people wherever they require it
- Youth club and life skills activites
- Bespoke BSL/Deaf Awareness training to improve communication and awareness
- Support a variety of Deaf related clubs and activities
- Opportunities to work with various partners and service providers