We are the national body for Home Improvement Agency and Handypersons Services providing support to over 200 home improvement and handyperson service providers in England, covering over 80% of local authorities.
Our core objectives are to:
- develop the capacity of the home improvement agency sector
- represent the sector to government and other stakeholders, and
- maintain a database of home improvement agency services for the general public
What is a handyperson service?
Services typically cover:
- Small building repairs;
- Minor adaptations (such as installation of grab rails or temporary ramps);
- "Odd" jobs (for example, putting up curtain rails and shelves, moving furniture);
- General home safety checks with remedial action (for example safety checking or repairing/replacing appliances);
- Falls/accident prevention checks with remedial action (for example, securing loose carpets or putting up grab rails);
- Security checks with remedial action (for example, checking and replacing window and door locks);
- Energy efficiency (for example installing low energy light bulbs, draft proofing);
- Signposting clients to other services.
For further information, please visit our national website.