We are a project, funded to pilot a new way of improving the health and well-being of Wolverhampton people. We work along with GPs and other health staff to assist patients to find activities and support in the local community that help to improve health and wellbeing.
We have three link workers working across different parts of the City; they cover South West, South East and North East areas of the city.
They spend time to find out what’s important to you and then link you with organisations that can help.
These could include:
- Making new friends
- Learning a new skill
- Help to cope with long-term conditions
- Finding advice on housing, benefits or finances
- Exploring volunteering or employment options
- Linking with counselling or befriending services
- Discovering new hobbies
- Trying out activities that make you feel healthier
Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Sector Council is the operational base for the project. The service will be delivered at local venues across Wolverhampton.
For further information please contact the Social Prescribing Project Team.