Gatis Community Space is a local community group based in the Whitmore Reans area of the City. We have secured the former Gatis Street Adventure Playground for our community base. Our site includes a large outdoor play area, separate fenced forest area and a purpose community building.
The aim of the Gatis is to involve the whole community, regardless of age or background to come together, have pride in their neighbourhood, have fun, get healthier, learn new things and break down any cultural barriers which may exist. People supporting People!
We offer a range of services including:
- Community Cafe offering affordable vegetarian food
- Community Garden - anyone is welcome to join us and help make it amazing
- Real Junk Food Project - pop up events : pay as you feel for food that would have been thrown away and making delicious menus and learn about food waste issues
- Real Junk Food Project - surplus food market every Tuesday from 2.30pm
- Community Film Club - £2 per year membership and screenings are free to members
- Family Play days
- Craft Activities and workshops
- Wrong Sides Together - Sewing and clothing upcycling Tuesday Evenings fortnightly
- Tree Huggers Group - learning all about native trees how to identify etc Thursday evenings monthly
- Bushcraft activities and workshops
- Clothes Swap events
- Hire for public and corporate
- Events and Activities for schools and charities
- Volunteer programme covering a range of areas from catering, office to woodworking and gardening
- Host to partner organisations such a Family Matters Project and Barnardos - contact us for more information on regular sessions
- Home Education Hub - each Thursday open access to cafe and grounds from 11am Home Education Group activities from 1pm to 3pm
- Yoga and Vega Brunch - Sundays from 10am
- African Drumming Lessons - Fridays from 6pm
Please get in touch with us if you wish to get involved, this includes volunteering, hiring our facilities, regular groups and fundraising.
For further information please visit our Facebook page or contact us via email. A copy of our service leaflet can be found in the downloads section of this page.