Tissue Viability Team
The Tissue Viability Team is a specialist nursing team based at New Cross hospital and within the community setting. They will visit the Wolverhampton NHS Trust services, including vertically integrated General Practices and Nursing homes. The team offer the following:
- Develop policies, pathways and procedures based on national and local guidance and evidence
- Offer education to develop knowledge and skills in tissue viability
- Support competency development with skills related to tissue viability
- Assess –patients with complex/ non healing wounds from 0 years +.
Note: If you have a patient requiring an ankle brachial pressure index assessment to assess arterial flow, do not refer to Tissue Viability unless it is a nursing Homes resident. Please refer to Adult Community Clinic via WUCTAS. Please note we do not have a clinic. Please refer clinic patients to the community clinic via WUCTAS. If they assess and the patient meets our referral criteria, they will arrange a joint visit within the adult community clinic.
Please note we do not manage a clinic
- Part of the team are based a New Cross. Community members are based at West Park hospital. We attend a community clinic if the patient meets our referral criteria.
- We provide a service to New Cross Hospital, West Park Hospital, housebound residents including care homes, Community clinics and Verrtically integrated General Practices.
For further information please get in tiuch with a member of the team.