Serving Penn, Merry Hill and Penn Fields areas.
The Bingley Strengthening Families Hub provides support and activities for families with children 0-18 years. With everything from stay and play groups, parenting support, housing, benefits, training and employment and much more to help you get the most out of family life with your children.
But sometimes everyone needs a little help; whether it’s coping with difficult behaviour, routines, managing budgets, registering for nursery and schools, or just someone to talk to, the Strengthening Families team can help.
We can support you with accessing the Terrific for Twos, nursery provision, and why not use your free time to access training or prepare for employment.
Groups and activities are at venues and schools across the outreach area so there is always something to do near you.
The Strengthening Families Hub’s deliver the core support that Children’s Centres offered and integrated it with the city’s targeted support for families. The universal offer for families include:
- Ante-natal clinics
- Health visitor clinics
- Support and advice about training and employment opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Signposting and advice about the range of services available within the city
Targeted support for families
For those families who need additional support to overcome issues within the family the Strengthening Families Hub’s also offer:
- Parenting programmes
- One to one family support
- Domestic violence support
- Youth employment support
Call the Bingley Strengthening Families Hub for more information or call into one of the activity groups and speak to one of our team.
- Impact Wolverhampton - 1-2-1 tailored support for 16 - 29 year olds who are currently not in education, employment or training.Please contact Stephanie Dean on 07392 121950 for more details.
- Learning at Home - Lending library of resources that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your home. Designed to support your child’s learning and development. For children aged 0 - 8 years. Please ask a member of staff for more details.
- Paediatric Physio Clinic at Bingley Strengthening Families Hub - Appointments Only. This clinic is held at the Centre once a month and is by appointment only. Please speak to your Health Visitor or GP for more details.
- Freedom Programme - A group for women who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse. For a confidential chat please call us on 01902 551979. Creche Available.
Breastfeeding Support Group - Mondays 1:15-4pm
Activities will take place over both our settings which are situated at:
- Bingley Strengthening Families Hub, Norfolk Road, Pennfields, Wolverhampton WV3 0JE.
The purpose of the Early Help Partnership Group is to develop an integrated action plan based on identified local priorities. To find out more information about the group please email the Strengthening Families Partnership Manager at the following address;
Eclipse/EHA Training for External Partners
Eclipse is the Wolverhampton Early Help Assessment and a replacement for Share Care that will offer a better and more user-friendly system to support our work with vulnerable families. Specifically, the system will allow for effective early identification of needs and a single assessment offering access to multi agency support without the need for numerous referrals and processes.
The training will provide you with a hands-on understanding of the function and capability of the Eclipse EHA system.
To Book onto ECLIPSE EHA Training please email SFH@Wolverhampton.gov.uk
Strengthening Families Hub Locality Surgery
The locality surgeries are your opportunity to discuss issues and opportunities within the area with the Locality manager, Senior Social work manager and a psychologist.
To book onto a surgery and view dates please click on the link below.