Wolverhampton Homes provides a Telecare service to support vulnerable people to live independently in their own homes and communities, and provides reassurance to individuals, carers and families 24/7.
What is Telecare and how can it help me?
Wolverhampton Telecare consists of a range of personal and environmental sensors that enable people to remain safe and independent in their own home for longer. It aims to provide reassurance 24 hours a day to those living on their own or caring for vulnerable people, helping you to stay safe and the right support in crisis situations.
Who could benefit from the service?
Wolverhampton Telecare may be able to help you if you are:
- Worried about falling
- Recently discharged from hospital and requiring additional support and assistance at home
- Living alone
- Caring for someone that needs extra help
- Living with disabilities
- Living with a long term health condition, for example dementia
Telecare can detect events such as:
- Serious falls (e.g. Falls Detector or bed absence sensors)
- Leaving the house and not returning (e.g. door alarms or GPS Location technology)
- Fire and smoke
- Seizures (e.g. bed epilepsy sensor)
Do I have to pay?
The Telecare Service is provided free of charge to people in receipt of certain benefits.
The service is available to everyone currently receiving care and support and would form part of an assessed charge and is also provided free of charge for the duration of reablement support.
All other people living in Wolverhampton are able to access the Telecare service for a weekly charge, ranging from £3 to £9 per week depending on the level of service required.
The Telecare packages are as follows:
- Level 1 (£3 per week): The standard Telecare service comprising of an alarm unit, pendant, keysafe and smoke detector. This universal service is available to people who have two responders who hold a key to their property and agree to respond to an emergency at any time. They could be a family member, neighbour or friend.
- Level 2 (£5 per week): As Level 1, but including access to the mobile responder service provided by West Midlands Fire Service which will visit the Telecare customer’s property as required.
- Level 3 (£7 per week): As Level 1, but with a range of additional Telecare detectors and sensors appropriate to the customer’s needs. Like Level 1, this service is available to people who have two responders - either a family member, neighbour, carer or friend - who agree to respond to an emergency call as required.
- Level 4 (£9 per week): As level 3, but with access to the mobile responder service provided by West Midlands Fire Service.
Please take the time to view the Telecare Booklet featured in the downloads section of this page.
For further information please click on the following link which will take you to the Telecare service information page. There is also a short animated video featured on the information page with more details about the Telecare service.
You can access Telecare for yourself or on behalf of someone else by completing the application form (word and pdf versions are located in the downloads section of this page) and sending it to the Telecare Service by the following methods:
- Downloading and completing the Word document, and sending via email to email@example.com
- Downloading and completing the application form by hand, and sending via the post to: