West Park Hospital does not operate an Accident & Emergency Ward.
Physiotherapists work as part of multidisciplinary teams; the following are some examples of what a physiotherapist does at the hospital:
- Out-patient clinics- regaining movement and strength after joint and spinal operations or injuries, or recovering from accidents or sports injuries
- Schools – working with teachers and parents to support children with developmental movement problems.
- Elderly care- maintaining mobility and independence, rehabilitation after falls, or treating arthritis or Parkinson’s disease.
- Stroke patients – helping people with paralysed limbs to restore normal movement
- Learning difficulties – developing people’s potential through exercise and recreation, assessing for specialist footwear and equipment.
- Mental health- holding relaxation sessions and improving confidence and self esteem through exercise.