The City of Wolverhampton Council's Library Services are seeking volunteers for the following role:
Role Title: Promotion Volunteer
Purpose of the Role
- To produce displays in library branches.
- To assist in library service promotion.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist with producing wall and book displays on a particular theme.
- Assist with general marketing activities such as mail drops or evaluations.
- Assist with setting up and clearing up promotional events - may involve moving furniture.
- Greeting and directing customers where applicable.
Skills, Experience and Qualities Needed
You will need to be;
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Committed and reliable.
- Enthusiastic about libraries and learning.
- Be able to follow instructions well.
- Creative and artistic.
- Friendly and professional.
When & Where
- Dependent on places available but will be within Wolverhampton.
- Relevant training.
What You Could Get Out Of It
- Experience of promotional work in the public sector.
- Transferable and C.V enhancing skills.
- Certificate of volunteering (on completion of agreed hours).
- The pleasure of helping others.
Other Relevant Information
- A volunteer agreement negotiated and signed.
- All placements will adhere to the Libraries volunteering and I.T. security policies.
What To Do If You're Interested
Contact the volunteer coordinator at Wolverhampton Central Library on 01902 551987 or complete an application form which can be found in any Wolverhampton Library branch or contact:-