Nova was established as a Private Training Provider in September 1992 and celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2017. We are part of the recruitment agency Staff Select Ltd. Over the years Nova has operated a number of youth and adult training programmes and also delivered employer led programmes and qualifications such as NVQ's and Apprenticeships.
Our Head Office has always remained in Willenhall Town Centre (within Walsall Local Authority). Historically we have delivered training programmes across all four Black Country Local Authorities. In 2001 we opened our first centre outside the Black Country, setting up a motor vehicle workshop in Telford.
In recent years the company has spread its wings further. Our focus has remained on supporting young people aged 14-24. At the present day Nova now operates provision from 29 locations across the local authorities of Birmingham, Cambridgeshire, Dudley, Essex, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Sandwell, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Telford and Wrekin, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire. Our Apprenticeship programmes and other employer led services see us delivering education further a field. In addition our staffing has also grown significantly, in 2016 we employed around 300 staff.
Our programme delivery now includes; 16-18 Study Programmes, Traineeships and Apprenticeships, 14-16 School Provision and Apprenticeships for adults. We offer maths, English and ICT training as part of our courses and also deliver vocational training in the following; Bricklaying, Carpentry, Painting and Decorating, Plumbing, Plastering, Warehousing, Retail, Sales, Hospitality, Customer Service, Business Administration, Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy and Motor Vehicle.
• In placing Learners at the centre of all plans and activities
• In striving for the highest standards in providing Equality of Opportunity for learners and in maximising the benefits of diversity.
• In setting targets and monitoring in respect of participation, retention and achievement for all groups of learners.
• In embedding quality and diversity into it’s policies, programmes and actions.
• In valuing staff who are considered as equal partners in delivery of the company’s vision.
Our organisation is subject to various external assessment, below are links to a selection of our external Ofsted and other reports.