The Action on Hearing Loss, formerly Royal National Institute for Deaf People (RNID) is the largest charity representing the nine million deaf and hard of hearing people in the UK. We have more than 1,000 staff, 1,092 volunteers and more than 20,000 members who support our work across the UK.
We're experts in providing support for people with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- We provide day-to-day care for people who are deaf and have additional needs.
- We supply communication services and training.
- We offer practical advice to help people protect their hearing.
- We campaign to change public policy around hearing loss issues.
- We support research into an eventual cure for hearing loss and tinnitus.
If you would like to discuss your own care and support needs, or the needs of someone you know then get in touch on our contact details below. Our website has a 'shop' section with a range of aids and equipment that can help you with your daily life.