POhWER is a charity that provides information, advocacy and advice services across England, offering direct and local support via Professionals and Volunteers. Our independent, free services reach individuals struggling with particular challenges in their lives. Advocacy means enabling your voice to be heard, speaking for you when you can’t and supporting you when you can.
Advocacy can help people to:
- understand their situation and rights;
- prepare for meetings;
- communicate with staff and services ;
- explore their options and choices; and
- access relevant support.
We offer the following services in Wolverhampton:
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA), including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and Relevant Person's Paid Representative Services (RPPR) - This is a statutory advocacy service to support vulnerable people who lack capacity and need to make important decisions but have no representatives as defined under the Mental capacity Act 2005.
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA). IMHA is a free, independent and confidential service for patients subject to the Mental Health Act 1983, either in hospital or in the community, helping them to understandand exercise thier rights and to be involved in decisions about thier care and treatment.
- Care Act - This is an advocacy service to help people be involved in decisions about their care and support needs.
For further information please get in touch contact us.