To view our SEN Report click here
Northern House PRU is a short stay school for primary age children in Wolverhampton schools, who are disengaged with learning and struggling to function successfully in their class setting and are at risk of exclusion, or who have been permanently excluded.
The PRU prides itself on its positive, nurturing ethos in which the educational and pastoral care of its children is of paramount importance. It is a happy, friendly, caring environment that has high expectations of children’s behaviour and where children are encouraged to reflect upon their attitude to the learning environment.
There must be a strong relationship and commitment between the child, the Centre and The referring or destination schools (RODS) to working together, supporting the child to enable him/her to remain in or return to mainstream education full time.
The PRU provides:
- Bespoke and tailored intervention to meet each child’s individual needs, addressing academic, social and emotional deficiencies.
- Motivation, teaching and inspiration for children to want to learn and become active members of the school community
- Engagement of children with learning and reintegration back into their RODS as more independent learners.
- A preventative measure offering an alternative to exclusion from the referring school.
- Support for RODS for training and positive transition.
- Pupils will be taught a broad and balanced curriculum in line with NC expectations.
- All children will be assessed at EFYS, Year 1 Phonics, KS1 SATS and KS2 SATS.
- Particular emphasis will be given to Literacy and Numeracy.
- Pupil premium funding will be spent on raising pupils’ attainment in Literacy and Numeracy, addressing social and emotional deficiencies and improving academic achievements.
- All pupils will enjoy daily physical exercise, enrichment activities and sensory stimulus.
- All pupils will access a range of arts activities, with Music, Art, Art Therapy, Design, Drama and 1:1 SEMH intervention featuring strongly in the curriculum.
- Pupils’ academic progress will be tracked through Assertive Mentoring
- The PRU promotes British Moral Values