What can the service offer?
The service can support children between birth and five years of age where learning is delayed or where a diagnosis or disability indicates there will be special educational needs.
We do this by:
- Providing assessment, diagnosis and teaching for individual children
- Specialist groups through the Child Development Centre please view our Child Development Sevice (CDS) page for more information
- Providing support, guidance and training to parents on all aspects of their child’s development, progress and future planning
- Supporting the transition of children into settings
- Providing a keyworker through the Team Around the Child [TAC]
- Working in collaboration with other agencies
- Providing advice and training to settings so they can offer quality inclusive provision
- Providing assessment reports for Inclusion Funding
Supporting settings through the Area SENCo
The outcomes for children and families are:
- Children receive a specialist individual assessment which will identify strengths and needs
- Children may receive a specialist intervention programme building on child’s strengths
- Children’s progress is reviewed so they can achieve the best outcomes
- Families are supported through the process of identification so that they can make informed choices
- Through TAC families receive a coordinated approach to meet their child’s needs
We follow statutory guidance on duties relating to Section 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014.
Who works for the Service?
There is a Head of Service, five specialist teachers and a team of specialist higher level teaching assistants. All staff have specialist training or experience in working with special needs children or early years.
How are people who use the service involved in decisions and kept informed?
- All visits to homes and settings receive a visit record
- Initial assessment and annual reports on individual children
- Educational advice for Education, Health and Care plans
- TAC minutes and integrated goals
- Reviews and meetings
- A range of satisfaction survey questionnaires
- Text service
- When required interpreters can be arranged