Connexions is a service giving information, advice, guidance and practical support to young people aged 13-19 to help them get ready for adult and working life.
The Connexions service, which offers careers guidance, information and advice to young people has now joined the City of Wolverhampton Council.
The website is full of useful information and advice on a range of topics that affect young people such as:
Connexions also offers support up to the age of 25 for those with learning difficulties and disabilities.
We may be able to help...
- Help to understand their options at key decision points, including at KS4 option time, 16+ and 17/18+ and to make an informed choice.
- Specialised help if they have learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Extra help and support, if your son or daughter needs it, to deal with any problems or issues they may encounter.
- Advice and support with CVs, interviews and applications for courses, apprenticeships and jobs when needed.
- Help with making the transition from education and learning to the world of work, and support if they encounter difficulties.
- Information on lifestyle, leisure and volunteering opportunities.
Their primiary aim is to help you support your son or daughter to continue in learning so that they can make the best of their future. All advice is impartial and discussions will remain confidential.