A multi partner organisation project, providing a free support group for patients living with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Why not join your local TWIRL group to receive free advice, support and the opportunity to socialise with others living with respiratory conditions.
The TWIRL group (which stands for The Wolverhampton Integrated Respiratory Lifestyle Project) meets every Wednesday between 12pm and 3:30pm at the Goodyear’s Pavilion Club, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton. WV10 6AJ and offers:
- Social activities such as bingo, quizzes, cards and dominoes
- Weekly Raffle
- Music and other creative activities
- Informative and educational talks on a range of topics including breathlessness, relaxation techniques.
- The chance to mix with other group members and make new friends
- The opportunity to seek advice and support on how to cope with the effects of respiratory diseases from a variety of healthcare professionals
- Carers Welcome
Attending the TWIRL group can help to reduce feelings of social isolation as well as to improve a person’s health and wellbeing, self-esteem and confidence in the ability to manage their condition.
The Group meets every Wednesday from 12 noon - 3:30pm