The Silver Line is the only free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. In 2013 The Silver Line received a £5m grant from the Big Lottery Fund to support its UK wide expansion.
The Silver Line is the confidential, free helpline for older people across the UK open every day and night of the year. Our specially trained helpline staff:
- Offer information, friendship and advice
- Link callers to local groups and services
- Offer regular befriending calls
- Protect and support those who are suffering abuse and neglect
The Silver Line Helpline provides three functions to support older people:
• a sign-posting service to link them into the many, varied services that exist around the country
• a befriending service to combat loneliness
• a means of empowering those who may be suffering abuse and neglect, if appropriate to transfer them to specialist services to protect them from harm
For further details please contact us or visit our website which has a lot of useful links and resources.