Options Higford offers short breaks, care and education to children aged 8 to 19 years old with autistic spectrum condition and additional complex difficulties.
Whether placed with us on a short term respite stay, as a day student or for a full 52 weeks education and care placement, each child has the same access to the facilities, clinical team and exceptional staffing levels to support them in developing confidence and skills to enjoy their childhood and prepare them for adulthood.
What we do:
- Options Higford provides a safe, homely environment for children and young people.
- The service includes a state-of-the-art facilities, including sensory hub with water play room, wellbeing room, sensory room, sauna and soft play room.
- Options Higford provides regular day trips which develop skills including managing emotions, working with others and decision making.
- Embedded on-site multi‐disciplinary clinical team, led by a designated Clinical Lead and including a specialist Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist, Clinical Psychologist and Assistant Psychologist.
- Care, education and clinical staff teams work together to ensure consistency of approach in meeting the diverse needs of each young person.