We provide IMHA services across four boroughs of the Black Country (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton). This is an independent mental health advocacy service for people who need support with their rights under the mental health act. In addition in Sandwell, we also work with inpatients who are not eligible for IMHA services.
- Listen carefully to what you tell us about your views and feelings
- Support you to speak up or speak up on your behalf if needed
- Make sure you are fully involved in decisions being made about you
- We will close your case when the work is finished.
An IMHA can support you with:
- Being fully involved in your care planning
- Your access to Mental Health Review Tribunals, preparing for them and understanding decisions made
- Your access to other support or services
- Discussing appropriate aftercare
- How to raise concerns about your experience/care
- Exercising your rights.