Royal Voluntary Service wants to help create a society where everyone feels valued and involved whatever their age.
We are one of the largest volunteer organisations in the country. Our 35,000 volunteers help older people stay active, independent and able to continue to contribute to society. They do this by providing practical and emotional help where and when it’s needed.
Royal Voluntary Service helps in all sorts of ways:
- We help older people get out of the house for a bite to eat, social occasions or just to see friends
- We enjoy popping round for a chat as often as is liked
- We will help with jobs such as doing the shopping and collecting library books
- We can also do the simple but important things, such as changing a light bulb or fixing a lock
- We are here to make sure older people are calm and well informed before they have appointments or a stay in hospital, and we’ll check they are ok when they get home
- We also work on a national level to raise awareness of the issues older people face. We do this through our media campaigns and research, and by lobbying the government for age-related policy improvements.
For further information please contact us or visit our website for details.