Skip to main content
Wolverhampton Information Network

Pupil Services Team (Home to School Transport)

If your child is has difficulty getting to school, he or she may be entitled to school transport. The Home to School Travel Policy and Post 16 Travel Policy are available in the downloads section on this page.

If your child is under 16

If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or is undergoing a formal assessment which includes trips to the proposed school, the council may be able to help you with travel assistance for your child.

We will provide help with travel arrangements for children up to the age of 16 who live more than 3 miles' walking distance (2 miles for 4 to 7 year olds), from the nearest suitable school.

We will also consider assisting you with your child's transport, regardless of how far you live from the school, if your child's special educational needs are such that he or she is unable to walk to school (accompanied by you or another adult if needed), or use public transport services.

Young people aged 16 to 19 attending special schools and resource bases

When a young person remains at a special school or resource base beyond the age of 16, we will normally continue providing the same help with transport previously provided up to 16. If this is still appropriate, we will then review this annually.

There may be travel assistance available for young people attending further education colleges. Each case is looked at on an individual basis.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Pupil Services Team
01902 551122

Where to go

City of Wolverhampton Council
Civic Centre
St Peter's Square

Record Last Updated on: 02/01/2019

Back to top