A new screen reader tool has been added to the Wolverhampton Information Network (WIN) to assist visitors and existing users.
Recite Me works throughout WIN. It can be assessed by clicking on the "ACCESSIBILITY" icon on the top left had side of the website and following the instructions. A toolbar feature will appear with a range of options. It works on all major devices, browsers and electronic platforms.
Recite Me works on all major devices, browsers and electronic platforms. It allows the WIN website to be fully accessible.
The key features are:
- Allows the user to customise features such as the font size, plain text view
- Change font colour and background contrast
- Have text read out aloud
- It gives people the option to translate any bit of written web content into over 100 different languages.
- There is an on-screen text magnifier which helps users with visual impairments
- Custom settings to suit user needs and an MP3 converter which converts text to audio files.
The result is a more accessible website compliant with Equalities and Government regulation.
Recite Me is ideal for:
- people with low literacy and reading skills
- people for whom English is not their first language
- people with dyslexia
- people with a mild visual impairment
The City of Wolverhampton Council aims to make the customer experience as efficient and helpful as possible. We seek to reduce barriers that may ordinarily restrict usage.
A helpful User Guide can be found in the downloads section of this page; a short tutorial video will be created and added to this page.
If you have any queries or questions about Recite Me or any aspect of the Wolverhampton Information Network (WIN) please contact the Web Team via firstname.lastname@example.org