People are being encouraged to have their say about the development of short breaks services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Short breaks enable children and young people aged up to 25 to enjoy activities and receive care and support, usually away from the home, while their parents and carers have a break from their caring role.
They range from daytime, evening, weekend and holiday activities to play schemes, school-based activities and overnight and residential breaks.
Short breaks services are due to be recommissioned next year and a consultation is now underway to find out what people think of the existing services, and what could be done better in future.
There are two online surveys:-
One for families and children and young people available at https://bit.ly/2SsBjwC
The second for professionals, staff and other stakeholders at https://bit.ly/2zc70RV
Alternatively, people can have their say by taking part in one of the focus group sessions taking place at the following locations across the City.
- Dove Strengthening Families Hub, Grangefield Close, Ryefield WV8 1XF on Wednesday 14 November from 1.30pm-2.30pm
- Whitmore Reans Strengthening Families Hub, Lansdowne Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4AL on Tuesday 20 November from 1.30pm-2.30pm
- Bingley Strengthening Families Hub, Norfolk Road, Wolverhampton WV3 0JE on Wednesday 21 November from 1.30pm–2.30pm
- Bilston Strengthening Families Hub, 25a Market Way, Bilston WV14 0DR on Wednesday 28 November from 1.30pm–2.30pm.
- Broadmeadow Special School, Lansdowne Road, WV1 4AL on Monday 12 November 3.00pm-6.00pm
- The Way Youth Zone, School Street, WV3 0NR on Sunday 18 November from 12.30pm - 2.30pm
- Tettenhall Wood Special School, Wood Road, WV6 8QX on Friday 23 November between 9.30am to 11.30am
- Green Park School, Green Park Avenue, Bilston, WV14 6EH on Wednesday 5 December between 3.30pm to 6.00pm
For further information about the consultation please get in touch with:
Manju Raillay - Commissioning Support Officer
Tel: 01902 556244