Skip to main content
Wolverhampton Information Network

SEND - Moving into Adult Life: Housing

City of Wolverhampton Council


There are a variety of accommodation options available in Wolverhampton for young people, ranging from supported accommodation, foyers, supported lodgings, private renting and social housing.

These can be accessed by self-referral or via the Wolverhampton Young Person's Accommodation Forum (WYPAF).

The WYPAF is a multi-agency response to the housing and support needs of young people, including care leavers and the membership of the forum comprises of representatives of providers of supported accommodation, move on accommodation and agencies offering specialist support to young people. Within the WYPAF forum, there is access to a variety of supported accommodation in Wolverhampton to assist young people in their journey from homelessness to independent living. Accommodation is matched to the needs of the young person and tailored support is given to each young person through a designated Key Worker who will assist them in developing an action plan to meet their needs and to help them move towards a positive future.

You can find out more about different housing opportunities and how to apply by visiting Housing Support.

16-17 years of age

Young people 16/17 years of age can access emergency accommodation through the Joint Protocol Officer at the Civic Centre on: 01902 556804.

16-25 years of age

Young people aged 16-25 who are not roofless can seek housing advice from the Young Persons Team at the Civic Centre on 01902 556806 or

18 plus

Young people who are 18 plus who are roofless can also present to Wolverhampton Housing Options at the Civic Centre who operate a drop in service Monday-Friday where all housing options can be considered.

18-25 years of age

Young people age 18-25 can register at Homes in the City online at: which will allow them to bid on available property. Wolverhampton Housing Options can also assist with applications to the Rent Deposit Scheme for private renting. Referrals to partnership agencies if necessary can be made as part of this process to meet individual support needs.

These can be accessed by self-referral or via the Wolverhampton Young Person's Accommodation Forum.

Young people who require opportunities and support to learn the skills needed to live in supported, semi-supported or independent accommodation can find more information at: Wolverhampton Learning Disability Single Referral Forum for Housing

Young people with Special Educational Needs can find out how to apply for accommodation and where to get financial and other support (such as a personal assistant, assistive technology or modifications to a home) and more detailed advice on accommodation by visiting: Housing Support

For young people with specific disabilities, accommodation can be sourced through Shared Lives, supported by the disabilities team or adult services. PSS are our current provider.


Back to top