The first phase for Care Navigation has been launched, focusing upon navigating patients to the following providers.
Care navigation is a person-centred approach that uses signposting and information to help Primary Care patients and their carers move through the health and social care system, as smoothly as possible. It enables frontline staff to provide patients with more information about local health and wellbeing services, both within and outside of primary care, in a safe, effective way.
This is a tried and tested model of care that has been tailored to local needs and services to improve access to Primary Care services for patients and reduce GP pressures all in one.
Benefits of Care Navigation include:
- Increases patient choice and control provide information about selection criteria (Our Care, Our Health Our Say 2006)
- Does not require staff to make clinical decisions but supports staff in empowering patient choice
- Practice Team working together to give consistent information
- Audit trail to confirm what advice has been given & where the patient was signposted to
- Enables patients to get the most appropriate service in a timely manner i.e. MECS
- Supports the self-care agenda
- This is the first phase of implementing care navigation into Wolverhampton practices, and will focus on navigating patients to:
Practices will be expected to begin navigating patients from 1st February 2018. Promotional materials will have been circulated to venues across the City to help inform patients.
For more information about Care Navigation please take the time to view the following video:
A 'What is Care Navigation?' PowerPoint presentation can be viewed in the downloads section of this page.
If you require any further information about the Care Navigation service please contact:
Tele: 01902 444878