Free Healthy Start Vitamins in Wolverhampton
In Wolverhampton, all pregnant and breastfeeding women and children can receive healthy start vitamins for free or by handing in their healthy start vouchers.
Healthy Start vitamins are important because:
- 8% of children under five in the UK don’t have enough vitamin A in their diet.
- families in lower-income groups tend to have less vitamin C in their diet.
- all pregnant and breastfeeding women and young children are at risk of vitamin D deficiency (teenagers, younger women and those from ethnic minorities are particularly at risk).
Healthy Start vitamins contain the appropriate amount of recommended vitamins A, C and D for children aged from six months to four years, and folic acid and vitamins C and D for pregnant and breastfeeding women. The vitamins are suitable for vegetarians and free from milk, egg, gluten, soya and peanut residues.
Free healthy start vitamins are available from;
- Antenatal clinic
- Health visitors
- Strengthening Families Hubs
- Health centres
- Refugee and Migrant Centre