Staying safe - Internet use
Young people who need support in using the internet and social media to find information and develop and maintain friendships.
This may include where they can go for guidance on using the internet safely and how to protect themselves against cyber bulling and exploitation. They can find more information by visiting: NSPCC NetAware
There are many national resources available to help with this. Below are just a few:
- Safer Net - Advice on staying safe online - for people with learning disabilities, and those who support them.
- Young people - Childnet - Childnet International's home page for children and young people,
- Thinkuknow - The NCA's CEOP (formerly the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- CBBC Stay Safe
Parents who would like support and information on keeping their son or daughter safe whilst using the internet can find more information by visiting:
- NSPCC - Online safety
- Mencap - Parent's guide to internet safety
- Cerebra - Learning Disabilities, Autism and Internet Safety: A Parent's Guide?