The Department for Education has launched a new three year campaign called Hungry Little Minds. Its purpose is to encourage parents and carers to adopt positive activities and behaviours to boost children's communication, language and literacy development.
The aim of the campaign is to give parents access to video tips, advice and suggested games to help with early learning. It will also tackle the barriers some parents face in supporting their child’s learning at home, including time, confidence and ideas of things to do.
Please visit the Hungry Little Minds for more information.
Further useful information including ideas and activities you can participate with your child can be found from the following websites:
- Small Talk – ideas and activities from the National Literacy Trust.
- I CAN – for more information about children’s communication.
- A Better Start – for more information about building young brains.
- NSPCC provides free ‘brain-building tips’ for children.
- Bilingualism Matters provides information about children learning more than one language.
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists can provide support if you’re worried about your child’s speech and language development.