Learning through Play
Promoting healthy development and social skills for Children 18 months to 4 years.
'Stay and Play' sessions run by Wolverhampton City Council are now called 'Learning through Play' sessions. Booking prior to the attendance for each session is required for all Learning through Play sessions.
Play is important for a child’s wellbeing and promotes healthy development and social skills.
Learning through Play provides children with opportunities to have fun exploring and experimenting with a variety of toys and to engage in activities. Learning through Play also support parents in becoming the first educator in their child’s life.
We aim to promote healthy eating, so all our Learning through Play sessions will have fruit and water provided.
Our sessions also promote Speech and Language through Stories and Rhyme time.
Keeping your Children Safe
To enable you and your child to get the best experience from our Learning Through Play sessions, all parents follow simple rules:
- The usage of Mobile Phones and cameras is NOT permitted during the Learning through Play session to safeguard your children
- Cameras are not to be used due to Safeguarding issues
- Only snacks provided by the session leader are permitted
- All children must be supervised throughout the session
- Parents are required to support their child in activities they show interested in
- If there are any illness or allergies, please notify the Session Leader on arrival
How Children Learn
Through play and exploration, children develop a range of cognitive skills to support their:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
These prime areas of learning form a foundation of children’s school readiness and support them to develop skills in:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Your Local Strengthening Families Hub
Learning through Play sessions are held across the city. Please contact your local Strengthening Families Hub for a session near you:
Serving Eastfield, East Park, Portobello and Stow Heath areas.
Tel: 01902 558331
Serving Bilston, Bradley and Ettingshall areas.
Tel: 01902 556416
Serving All Saints, Blakenhall and Spring Vale areas.
Tel: 01902 550670
Serving Penn, Merry Hill and Penn Fields areas.
Tel: 01902 551979
Serving Whitmore Reans, Tettenhall and Dunstall areas.
Tel: 01902 556585
Serving Bushbury, Oxley and Pendeford areas.
Tel: 01902 550887
Serving Low Hill and Scotlands areas.
Tel: 01902 556348
Serving Wednesfield, Ashmore Park and Heath Town areas.
Tel: 01902 553945