Action on Hearing Loss, formerly Royal National Institute for Deaf People (RNID) is the largest charity representing the 12 million deaf and hard of hearing people in the UK. We have more than 1,000 staff, 1,092 volunteers and more than 20,000 members who support our work across the UK.
We're experts in providing support for people who are deaf, have hearing loss or tinnitus.
- We provide day-to-day care for people who are deaf and have additional needs.
- We supply communication services and training.
- We offer practical advice to help people protect their hearing.
- We campaign to change public policy around hearing loss issues.
- We support research into an eventual cure for hearing loss and tinnitus.