Jubilee Community Support Centre was established in 2009 to provide practical, physical and supportive to the local community in the Graiseley, Pennfields and surrounding areas in Wolverhampton.
The Centre's primary project aim is to work with local BME people in Wolverhampton who might experience isolation, loneliness or frailty. Some may be housebound or have reduced mobility. Our staff will work with them to generate new support systems, increase knowledge and training to tackle Life's challenges.
- To enable older people to remain in their own homes for as long as possible.
- To support and comfort older people, giving peace of mind to relatives, carers and friends.
- To provide encouragement and information on the ways to become more actively involved and help to overcome barriers.
- To support and raise older peoples position in the community and personalise the level of support required.
- Offer practical and emotional support during illness, or a stay in hospital and during any bereavements.
- Assist older people to access information, advice and service provision as well as more formal advocacy services.
We can help by:
- Reducing housebound and levels of isolation
- Minimise the strain of household chores
- Support familes
- Help you to participate in community activities and social pursuits
- Help you to become more physically and mentally healthier
- Make more positive health and wellbeing choices
- Ring and Chat Service
- Basic Meal Preparation
- Light Housework
- Shopping and general light errands
- Essential Transportation
- Light Laundry, Washing and Ironing
- Assistance and support with Hospital Discharge
- Assistance with Mail and correspondences
- Furniture Removal and Aid Mobility
- Encouragement and Support with Hobbies and Interests
- Involvement with Community Voice Group
For further information and advice about our service and how we can assist you please do get in contact with us through our office or view our Facebook Page.