We are an integrated service that provide care in New Cross Hospital in addition to the community setting. We provide clinics across the City of Wolverhampton in addition to New Cross Hospital.
We also provide home visits for the truly housebound.
Please contact the service for more information.
Who to contact
Where to go
Wolverhampton Heart Failure Service
Heart and Lung Centre New Cross Hospital Wednesfield Road Wolverhampton West Midlands
Time / Date Details
When is it on
Monday to Friday from 9.00am until 5.00pm.
The service is not available weekends and bank holidays.
We cater for those over 18 years.
- Patients with new symptoms of heart failure with raised blood tests (N Terminal pro Brain Naturetic Peptide), can be referred to the Consultant New Patient Clinics based at New Cross Hospital and Cannock Hospitals. The purpose of the appointment will be to confirm or refute abnormalities of the heart muscle. A generic Cardiology proforma should be completed and sent via the electronic referral system via the GP.
- Patients with a confirmed diagnosed of Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction can be referred to the Heart Failure Nurses for education and on going support. The nursing team will also review and optimise evidence based treatment. Referral can be made via the telephone 01902 694227.
- The Nursing Team provide clinics at several locations across Wolverhampton. Home visits are provided for those patients or are truly housebound.
- We can also facilitate referrals to the excerice programme managed by RWHT cardiac rehabilitation physiology team.
- Partnership working with Compton Palliative Care Services to provide holistic support and symptoms management.