We are a team that provide support to families across the city. We can support families with home learning activities and also give advice and support on getting children ready for starting school.
What we do/how we can help?
- Enable and encourage parents to become their child’s first educator, to allow children to develop the skills to be school ready.
- Provide resources and ideas to promote positive play for children and support parents/carers to engage in fun stimulating activities.
- Promote reading with babies and toddlers providing families with free bookstart resources and encouragement to join local libraries.
- Assist parents /carers to access Terrific for 2's nurseries, playgroups and provide information on local stay and play groups. Have up to date knowledge on a range of children and family services available within the local community.
- Provide age appropriate activity information sheets and links to useful websites.
- Complete developmental assessment’s and plan activities accordingly, identifying children who may need additional support and signpost them for further support.
- Signpost parents/carers to other professionals where it is necessary e.g. online parenting courses, freedom programme plus many more.
Our summer session activities are featured in the downloads section of this page.
For more information, please get in touch with us.