Continued Independence UK.....With a little help from your friends.
We offer personalised support services and companionship to people who are physically frail or have mobility issues, dementia, depression, a long term mental health condition or loneliness, we also offer a sitting service providing sometimes much needed respite to carers.
We believe that maintaining our independence whilst mindful of becoming isolated is key to the quality of like we all want for ourselves and our loved ones.
We want to be there when family or friends can't be-to be the people that are constant in the lives of those who find themselves in need, becoming the face or voice they know they can trust.
Being there as much or as little as needed. The key is simply that, we are there.
Through companionship we are committed to promote an individual’s welfare and well-being, focusing on supporting and maintaining an independent life, building on and encouraging self-confidence through empowerment and enablement and reducing isolation.
Outreach Support Services and companionship are offered in an individual’s own home, hospitals and Residential Care or Nursing Homes from 8am until 6pm, 7 days a week, out of hours can be discussed to meet an individual’s requirements.
Please contact us for further information or to arrange a no obligation visit.......We are there for you.
Being a client led organisation, the below list of services is only a brief outline and is non exhaustive as we seek to support an individual’s specific needs.
Companionship and Support Services.
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Arrange, manage and Escort to appointments, Doctors, Opticians, Dentists, and Hospitals etc.
- Help with general shopping, on behalf of or accompanied
- Assist with correspondence, letters, applications etc.
- Enable family or carers personal time via short respite periods.
- Encouraging Social interaction
- Intermediary and liaison with other agencies.
- Assist with transition between, Own Home, Care facility or Hospital. Assist with moving home
- Accompanied short trips in local area to local shops, gardens centres, community and social events.
- Stimulate mental awareness through conversation and activities.
- Promote Self Confidence, Restabilising self-worth through empowerment and enablement
- Establish online communication with friends /relatives… Skype, Facetime etc.
Home Help Services and Assistance.
- Provide light housekeeping
- Help with washing and ironing
- Make beds and change bed linen
- Check food expiry dates
- Supervise home maintenance
- Prepare shopping lists
Outreach Support Services and companionship are offered in an individual’s own home, hospitals and Residential Care or Nursing Homes from 8am until 8pm, 7 days a week, out of hours can be discussed to meet an individual’s requirements.
For further information plaese get in touch with our Operations Manager or a member of our team.