The Age Action Alliance was launched in 2011 in response to a growing recognition of the need to respond to an ageing society. In particular, to bring together older people and cross sector organisations to work together to celebrate the opportunities and address the challenges of our ageing demographics.
Our vision is to improve the quality of later life through partnership working between members and older people; creating communities where older people feel secure, valued and able to contribute to society.
Age Action Alliance is a network which brings together organisations and older people, in partnership. Drawn from civil society and the public and private sectors, it takes a positive approach to ageing and seeks practical ways to improve services and support to older people.
What We Do:
Working together, we aim to ensure that older people, today and tomorrow:
- Are visible, valued and heard
- Enjoy a good quality of life and wellbeing
- Can make informed choices about health and wellbeing
- Live in safe, warm, lifetime homes
- Have social networks and access to friends, family and community support
- Have opportunities to mix with and share skills with others
- Are able to access information and services they need
- Live in age friendly neighbourhoods, with their needs met
Please contact us or visit our website for further information.