The objective of the Community Pathways Team is to offer a person centred, outcome focussed, time limited assessment and enablement programme. The objective is to maximise independence and enable people to live as independently as possible in the community.
The team have experience of supporting young people in relation to special educational needs but also have a wealth of training, skills and knowledge supporting people with disabilities.
Primarily the service will be provided to people aged 16-64 with a disability who live in Wolverhampton and who are assessed and eligible to require care and/or support and have an assessment that identifies that they would benefit from a period of Community Pathways Support.
The service is available to people who meet at least two of the following criteria:-
- Aged 16 or over, have a disability and have assessed social care support needs (including prevention)
- Has a current support plan (or EHCP) in place at the time of referral
- Would benefit from intensive support to learn skills to enable them to:
- live more independently
- reduce their long-term support needs
- access services in their local community
- Currently using residential care/residential colleges who have been identified through the review process to require a period of enablement training to facilitate a move into community based services.
- Have been assessed by a social worker and have the potential to achieve a tenancy or reduced support via Community Pathways Enablement Training.
- In a crisis situation who may benefit from short-term enablement support.
Given the nature of the service, it is not based within a building but delivered within the community and from your home. Home visits are undertaken where necessary and as part of the delivery of the service.
The Community Pathways Service will:
- Refer people to a number or organisations including; ‘Enable’ Supported Employment Service, Tele care and Community Organisations.
- Carry out initial fact-finding meetings
- Undertake Travel Training when assessed as being appropriate
- Prepare time limited programmes to sign post people into universal services
- Support people to live healthy lifestyles
- Support people to think about their current or future accommodation choices
Our service leaflet can be found in the downloads section of this page.