Ethnic Minority Council (EMC) is a local, not-for-profit infrastructure organisation.
We aim to provide support and guidance for the BAME voluntary and community sector in Wolverhampton through capacity building, networking, training and collaboration.
We’re a member-led organisation managed by friendly volunteers and staff. EMC's vision is a vibrant Wolverhampton where residents from all ethnic minority communities have equality of opportunity, collaborate creatively, and feel empowered to promote equality, celebrate diversity and maximise social wellbeing. We cater to people of all ages and ethnicities and enjoy welcoming volunteers to join us!
For more information about our service please contact us and view our service leaflet in the downloads section of this page.
We can support you or your community with:
- Developmental guidance
- Volunteering opportunities
- Event planning
Aims and Objectives
We aim to strengthen awareness of the needs and interests of the ethnic minority voluntary and community through capacity building and leadership by:
- Ensuring that people from all cultural groups creatively collaborate to improve social conditions, the economy and access to services, especially for those who are disadvantaged and underrepresented.
- Facilitating networking to share knowledge, resources, information and skills, and to promote liaison and partnership between organisations and individuals within the voluntary and community, public and private sectors.
- Supporting our members to shape strong, resilient groups who achieve their community goals and full potential by enhancing their capacity through practical support services.
We aim to promote equality for a fair and inclusive Wolverhampton where ethnic minority voices are empowered and diversity celebrated by:
- Encouraging the active participation of ethnic minority communities in society with guidance and access to our network.
- Providing volunteering opportunities for local people wishing to expand their skill set, gain work experience and meet other people.
- Ensuring effective and accountable representation of a range of ethnic minority views and interests.
We aim to proactively work to inform and influence change to maximise social wellbeing, ensure equality of opportunity and support development for ethnic minority communities in Wolverhampton by:
- Advocating and lobbying to influence policy and service provision in our local and regional area to identify and appropriately meet the unmet needs, gaps and expressed interests of our members.
- Actively supporting our members to participate in decision-making in Wolverhampton.
- Raising the profile of the city’s ethnic minority voluntary sector.
For more information, please get in touch.