Zebra Access a Wolverhampton based Deaf-led charity founded in 2005, dedicated to ensuring that all Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people enjoy equal participation and access without communication barriers. Our vision is to ensure that Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people are given opportunities to live full and enriched lives by giving them access to services, developing independence and building their self esteem/confidence whatever their preferred communication method is.
We aim to act as role models, enabling Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people to have self belief and confidence by opening doors to social, health, education and employment opportunities.
Zebra Access offers:
- Job Clubs delivering holistic Employment support for Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of hearing individuals, including one to one support where required.
- English and Maths tutorials for Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of hearing people
- One to one and drop in generic Advocacy services
- Youth club and life skills activites
- Community events/trips/forums i.e. Coffee mornings, BSL Yoga, Badminton and so on.
- Wellbeing support: One to one or group support and health workshops to promote mindfullness and reduce isolation
- Bespoke BSL/Deaf Awareness training to improve communication and awareness
- Support a variety of Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing related clubs and activities
- Opportunities to work with various partners and service providers