Goddess Living CIC is a Community Intrest Company and our focus is to empower women to build reslience and live meaningful lives. We offer supported housing with 24 hour care for women with long term complex, enduring mental health problems.
We provide a safe haven for women who have been discharged from hospital and intermediate care accommodation in a home from home environment. Our ambition is to empower women with long-term mental health conditions to receive specialist care in a supported therapeutic home environment.
Our Goddess care professionals work alongside the customer, to identify and remove barriers causing extended stays in hospital. They will have support from care staff to prevent readmission in both the short and long term within our homes to ensure independence can be managed in the long term, supporting timely hospital discharge. Our customer centred approach to hospital discharge will reduce length of stay and prevention of readmissions to hospital. We practice integrated discharge planning which involves collaboration with hospital services, GPs, public health nurses and other community services.
We also ensure the best network of health, social care and informal support is in place for our customers. We are staffed by mental health care professionals who not only help women at the point of crisis, but reduce social isolation helping them to maintain their mental health.
Goddess Living CIC is a 24-hour step down supported living service with care for women who have complex and enduring trauma related mental health conditions, 18 plus years of age who are preparing to live independently. Goddess Living CIC offers a sensitive environment that enables women to take control of their own lives. This may then help them live appropriately in the community. Goddess Living CIC prides itself on being diverse and accepts all women who have trauma related mental health conditions from various religious, cultural, ethnic and sexual orientation backgrounds.
Personalised and Tailored Care
The purpose of Goddess Living is to focus on the needs of each individual. We work in partnership with Social Care agencies ensuring that the well-being of each woman is paramount. Primarily, Goddess Living CIC offers personal care and support to women with complex mental health needs in an effort to redress the imbalance and discrimination that some may have faced by being a part of the “dependent” community, and at times added to this, racism and negative stereotyping of sexuality, which is unfortunately a reality for many women today. We deliver truly person-centred support solutions that provide independence and happiness.
What Services Do We Offer?
Goddess Living CIC accepts mental health customers who are preparing for discharge from an inpatient unit. As well as women with mental health conditions who need intensive interventions but do not need to be admitted to hospital. Our transitional service is to support them as they prepare to return to living in the community. We currently have 8 beds available in a co-living, home-from-home environment, with 24-hour staffing, including clinical support.
- Improved health and wellbeing and high value care.
- Reduction in the length of inpatient stay.
- Reduction of relapse, offending behaviour, self harming behaviour.
- Cost savings to commissioners compared with hospital placements saving around £350 per day compared to our supported accomodation costs.
- Reduce long term institutionalisation.
- Psychologically and therapeutic informed approach.
- Deliver timely, person-centred, effective services that align health and social care outcomes .
- Reduced GP visits and hospital admissions
- Reduced stigma and discrimination related to mental health problems.
We offer a range of therapeutic treatments which are flexible and tailored to meet individual needs. All of our mental health treatments are delivered by our specialist team of psychiatrists, therapists and health professionals ensuring that their practice adheres to the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines.
We offer therapy in a range of different formats
- 1:1 Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Psychological Therapies
- Have complex mental disorders as the primary support need, with comorbid difficulties such as but not limited to Attachment Disorder, Atypical Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Personality Disorder, Depression, Schizophrenia
- Women involved with the criminal justice system and or leaving prisons, with mental health conditions which are linked to offending or seriously irresponsible behaviour.
- Secondary diagnoses of mild learning disability or autism spectrum
- Aged between eighteen (18) and sixty-five (65).
- At least 9 hours of support per day
- A willingness to engage with recovery-based support.
- An expectation to further move onto independent housing as their recovery improves.
More information about our service can be found at Goddess Living Care
and go to the document section below and download our brochure.
Young People Service
We also offer female only supported living for care leavers in Wolverhampton.
Sage House is 24 hour Supported Living, for four 16-19 year old young women. Specialising in trauma informed emotional wellbeing for care leavers and young single homeless women only, in a safe and comfortable environment. Sage House has been designed to provide an environment that promotes independence, resilience and respect. Our Trauma–Informed Practice is a strengths-based framework grounded in an understanding of and responsiveness to the impact of trauma and creates opportunities for young people to rebuild a sense of control and empowerment.
Learn more about our young people service at Goddess Living Sage House