The Multiple Sclerosis Nurse provides a service for people with multiple sclerosis (MS) and their families and / or carers. Also offered is management advice for healthcare professionals who look after people with MS.
A general review clinic is held weekly at Whitmore Reans Health Centre and Cannock Chase Hospital. A specialist Disease Modifying Therapy clinic is also held regularly at New Cross Hospital and Cannock Hospital. Home visit reviews are offered in certain circumstances to people who are housebound or where it is important to assess the home environment.
We also have new patient clinics at The Maltings and Cannock Chase Hospital.
It is intended that patient's will receive a comprehensive annual review and seen in between if / as indicated. The MS nurse is not an urgent or emergency service.
The MS Nurse can help with:
- Information and support for those newly diagnosed
- Treatment options and advice on Disease Modifying therapy where indicated
- Relapse Management
- Symptom Management
- comprehensive yearly review
- General advice and support on coping / living with MS
- signposting to other healthcare professional services, local and national support groups
- Medication advice
- Telephone advice
For further information and advice please get in touch with our Nursing Team.