This service is operated by Citizens Advice Wolverhampton in partnership with City of Wolverhampton Council Library Service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To collect library resources and materials from both central and local libraries and deliver to local library customers at their homes.
- To collect items for return from customers and deliver them back to the central library or designated base.
- To record changes to customer resource requests and preferences and forward onto Home Library Service or Wolverhampton Library service colleagues.
- To contribute to the reporting and monitoring of service delivery via electronic devices by maintaining accurate records of visits and updating customer information when required.
- To abide by Health & Safety guidelines, including the organisation's' Lone Workingand Remote Working policies.
- To contribute to regular customer reviews as required.
- To alert the HLS coordinator, with customer authorisation, to those who may need additional help.
Personal Skills and Qualities a HLS Delivery Support Driver needs
- Experience of supporting people on a face to face basis.
- Ability to commit to, and volunteer within, the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice Service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with customers.
- Ability to be patients, understanding and present with a positive attitude.
- Respect for different views, values and cultures.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- A positive attitude to self-assessment and development.
- Qualified driver with a full, current UK driving licence - max 6 penalty points.
- Ability to work with online and digital resources.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team.
Citizens Advice Wolverhampton values the contribution made by all its volunteers and strives to make sure that they feel supported to do their role safely and effectively. In order to do this, the service will support HLS volunteers to understand
- the aims and principles of Citizens Advice Wolverhampton
- the Home Library Service (HLS) and its objectives
- our expectations of volunteers in this role, and
- how we hope it will work in practice
Please complete the online volunteer application form at www.citizensadvicewolverhampton.org.uk/volunteer-recruitment or for an informal discussion on the role phone Bridget Pugh, Home Library Service Coordinator on 01902 544702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is for 7 Hours per week (minimum). Travel Expenses Paid.