The Wolverhampton Special Care Dental Service (WSCDS) is a unique service that provides dental care and treatment for special care patients including vulnerable and hard-to-reach groups in the area.
We provide comprehensive NHS dental care for individuals living in Wolverhampton or who have a Wolverhampton GP, who may have difficulty obtaining such care in general dental services.
Our service user groups include children and adults:
- With severe learning disabilities
- With severe autistic spectrum disorders
- With physical disabilities and wheelchair-users
- Who have severe Mental Health Problems
- With dental phobia
- Who are engaging in substance misuse
- From socially excluded groups (eg. asylum, homelessness)
- Elderly and frail adults residing in care homes
- Looked after children
- Children with high treatment needs who are difficult to manage
The service is provided from several clinics in the City. Please visit our website for details.
A Mobile Dental Unit is also available. For location addresses as well as opening times and contact numbers please visit our webpage. We also provide domiciliary services for individuals who are housebound or cannot access general dental services and meet our service criteria.
For all out of hours emergencies call 111.