The Wolverhampton Health Advocacy and Complaints Service (WHACS) run by POhWER, is a free, confidential and independent service. POhWER provide information, advice and advocacy support to residents of Wolverhampton, who want to make a complaint about an NHS funded service.
All WHACS advocates are trained and experienced advocates, able to help support you through the NHS complaints procedure.
Advocacy provides practical support and information to people who want to make a complaint or raise a concern about an NHS service. It also supports people who want to make a complaint on somebody else's behalf. The service aims to help people understand what their options are and to support them through the NHS complaints process to ensure they get the best possible resolution.
Anyone can complain about the care, service or treatment they have recieved from the NHS. If you are unsure whether you want advocacy support, ask yourself these questions:
- Have you recently had treatment from a health service that was less than you hoped?
- Do you have a problem with your health provider? ( This includes all NHS providers, e.g Doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacies, ambulance services etc.)
- Are you unhappy with how you are being treated?
- Do you have questions that have gone unanswered?
- Do you want to make a complaint and don’t know how?
If you answer yes to any of these, and you are a Wolverhampton citizen, then WHACS is for you. Please get in touch with us, we are here to help assist you and have trained advocates ready to provide one to one support to help you to make your complaint.
We can provide you with an Advocate who can:
- Listen to you
- Explain your rights
- Give you self-help tools
- Provide you with one to one support, answer questions and talk you thrugh your options
- Help you write letters and address them to the right people
- Go through any responses you receive with you
- Prepare you for meetings and attend with you
- Monitor the progress of your complaint and help you get the best possible resolution
You decide the level of support you need an an advocate will work with you as much or as little as you would like.
By raising your concerns and making a complaint, it can help identify where problems exist and help improve local health services. Talk to us. Make your voice count.
Please view the downloads section of this page where you will find our service leaflet and service referral form.
Further details can be found on our website and by contacting us.