We are a local community group based in the Whitmore Reans area of the City. We have secured the former Gatis Street Adventure Playground for our community base. Our site includes a large outdoor play area, separate fenced forest area and a purpose community building.
The aim of Gatis is to involve the whole community, regardless of age or background to come together, have pride in their neighbourhood, have fun, get healthier, learn new things and break down any cultural barriers which may exist. We support people of all ages and abilities, including anyone experiencing mental health or other health issues. People supporting People!
We offer a range of services including:
- Community Cafe offering affordable vegetarian food
- Community Garden - anyone is welcome to join us and help make it amazing
- Real Junk Food Project - pop up events : pay as you feel for food that would have been thrown away and making delicious menus and learn about food waste issues
- Real Junk Food Project - surplus food market every Wednesday
- Community Film Club - £2 per year membership and screenings are free to members
- Family Play days
- Craft Activities and workshops
- Wrong Sides Together - Sewing and clothing upcycling Tuesday Evenings fortnightly
- Tree Huggers Group - learning all about native trees how to identify etc Thursday evenings monthly
- Bushcraft activities and workshops
- Clothes Swap events
- Hire for public and corporate
- Events and Activities for schools and charities
- Volunteer programme covering a range of areas from catering, office to woodworking and gardening
- Host to partner organisations such a Lotus Sanctuary and Barnardos - contact us for more information on regular sessions
- Home Education Hub - each Thursday open access to cafe and grounds from 11am Home Education Group activities from 1pm to 3pm
- Pay as you feel Yoga every Tuesday 6.30 to 7.30pm
- African Drumming Sessions
- Guitar lessons (contact us for details)
- Breastfeeding Support Group (BfN group term time only) Tuesdays 10am to 12pm
Please get in touch with us if you wish to get involved, this includes volunteering, hiring our facilities, regular groups and fundraising.
Most of our events and activities are offered on a pay as you feel basis - ie you pay what you feel the service was worth along side this we have an ethos of pay it forward ie if you can pay more please do as this supports those that aren't able to pay anything.
For further information please visit Gatis Community Space Facebook page or contact us via email. A copy of our service leaflet can be found in the downloads section of this page.