The City of Wolverhampton Council's Library Services are seeking volunteers for the following role:
Role Title: Activity Volunteer
Purpose of the Role
- To voluntarily assist with activities within a library setting.
- This may include children’s activities such as ‘Baby Book time’ or ‘Saturday Storytime’
- This may include craft, musical or promotional activities.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist with setting up and clearing up the sessions – may involve moving furniture.
- Supporting staff to interact with parents/carers and their children where applicable.
Skills, Experience and Qualities Needed
You will need to have
- Good communication skills and confidence.
- Enjoyment of books and a love of learning.
- Experience of working with children.
- Be committed and reliable.
- Be creative and active.
When & Where
- Dependant on places available but will be within Wolverhampton.
- Relevant training
What You Could Get Out of It
- Experience of working in the public sector.
- Transferable and C.V enhancing skills.
- Certificate of volunteering (on completion of agreed hours).
- The pleasure of helping others.
Other Relevant Information
- A volunteer agreement negotiated & signed.
- All placements will adhere to the Libraries volunteering and I.T. security policies.
What To Do If You’re Interested
- Contact the volunteer coordinator at Wolverhampton Central Library on 01902 551987 or pick up an application form in any Wolverhampton Library branch.
Further information can be found in the downloads section of this page. or contact:-