The club was started in 1932 for women to enjoy lunch and have interesting talks on a wide variety of subjects. Members meet 9 times a year, usually on the last Wednesday of the month, at Linden House, Tettenhall Road.
There is an annual subscription which is £30. The cost of lunch is currently £18 and lunch is served at 12.45pm although members usually arrive before that time for a chat and a drink. Meetings generally end by 3.30pm.
- 30 March 2022 - Judith Holder- "The Baby Bloomers Guide to Growing Old" - A light-hearted look at how age is changing, pensioners are living longer and arn't going quietly - laughter all the way.
- 27 April 2022 - Jo Hampson- "It's a Fair Cop" - A former Chief Superintendent will talk about her career.
- 25 May 2022 - Alan Mason- "It's a Gardener's Life" - A humorous look at Alan's 30 years of gardening from student to TV presenter and garden designer.
- 29 June 2022 - Hugo Vickers- "The Queen's Platinum Jubilee".
- 28 September 2022 -Paula Cornwell- "Mind Your Motor Matters" - Travel back to 1928 with an upbeat interactive talk based on the writing of the Hon. Mrs Victor Bruce as she encourages women to "Get behind the wheel".
- 26 October 2022 - Janie Hampton- "The Austerity Olympics"
- 30 November 2022 - Chris Knight- "I am what I am" - Part of British tradition and no pantomime would be complete without a Panto Dame.
- 25 January 2023 - AGM - Members only.
Prospective new members are very welcome to undertake a "taster" meeting without payment of a subscription - unfortunately the lunch must be paid for.
Any dietary requirements can be accommodated if notified to the luncheon secretary by the Friday before the meeting.
Women only are invited as it is the Wolverhamptons Womens Luncheon Club. Men are invited by members to the November meeting.
For further information about our service please do get in touch with us.