Please check the Places of Welcome website for the latest details of open venues.
Places of Welcome are safe places that help people to natter, conncect, belong and contribute through having a free a cup of tea and a chat.
There are Places of Welcome across Wolverhampton and beyond. Its a simple and practical way to help our citiy and neighbourhoods become more welcoming. All of the sessions are FREE.
Places of Welcome can be in churches, mosques, temples, community centres, libraries or housing associations.
More information can be found in our leaflet in the downloads section of this page as well as on our Places of Welcome website.
Each one is open to anyone and each one follows the following values known as the 5P's:
- Place: An accessible and hospitable building, open at the same time every week.
- People: Open to everyone regardless of their circumstances or situation, and staffed by volunteers.
- Presence: A place where people actively listen to one another.
- Provision: Offering free refreshments (at least a cup of tea and a biscuit) and basic local information.
- Participation: Recognises that every person coming to a Place of Welcome will bring talents, experiences and skills that they might be willing to share locally.
Please get in touch with us if you require additional information or pop into one of our sessions at a Places of Welcome locations.
Here you will find our Transforming Communities Together You Tube page with lots of support, advice and related video content.
The following short video explains our unique service and how together we can make a difference.